Home > Insurance Blog > Homeowner’s Insurance Tip – How Much Insurance Do I Need for My Home?
Homeowner’s Insurance Tip – How Much Insurance Do I Need for My Home?
Posted by Preferred Insurance Agency on
La Crosse homeowners, your home is one of life’s largest investments, perhaps the largest investment of your life. By ensuring the proper homeowner’s insurance plan is in place, you are protecting that investment and potentially avoiding disaster.
One factor in determining the amount of insurance coverage you’ll want to buy is the cost to rebuild your home in case of disaster like fire, or flooding. The cost to rebuild your home depends on many factors including:
• Construction Costs (Which may vary depending if you are in the in the La Crosse, Onalaska, Holmen, West Salem or surrounding areas)
• The Total Square Footage of the home
• The Number of Bathrooms and Bedrooms in the home
• The Type of construction of Exterior walls in the home (brick, stone, masonry, veneer, etc.)
• The type of roof on the home
• Is the House split level? Bi-Level?
• The number of floors
• Unique features of the home including, arched windows, fireplaces, garages, exterior trim
• Quality and nature of materials and finishes used throughout the home
You’ve taken the first step in determining which homeowners insurance plan is right for you. Shopping local for Homeowners insurance can save you money and headaches, and allows you to meet face to face with a real person, your insurance broker.
Preferred Insurance is a La Crosse based home insurance broker with over 100 FIVE STAR REVIEWS.
Call or Contact us today and we will help demystify homeowners insurance and help you find the plan that will offer all of the protection you need in case of disaster.
Visit the Homeowners Insurance in La Crosse, WI 54601 page for a NO-OBLIGATION FREE Insurance Quote: